Andrea Stella who was Kimi Räikkönen’s race engineer in Ferrari, got to cheer over the season’s first Grand Prix -victory with Fernando Alonso on Sunday
Stella agrees to compare these two victories only as similar emotional states.
– With Kimi we won in 2009 although our car wasn’t anywhere when it came to competitiveness. Now we have improved all the time and are competitively closer to the others. In that sense the victory in Belgium was much more unique, Stella assured to Turun Sanomat.
– Only thing similar in these victories was the equally big satisfaction that they brought us. I remember best Kimi’s victory in 2007, in the season’s last race in Brazil. The feeling can’t get much better than that, Stella assured.
– In fact all victories that I have experienced with Michael Schumacher, Kimi and Fernando have been very good.
Is Ferrari and Alonso now back in the WC-battle?
– If you look at the latest races we have been there all the time. Hopefully this won’t remain as one singular victory. Usually it goes so that if you are fast in Silverstone, then you are also fast on other tracks, Stella thinks.
The Italian engineer admitted that Red Bull’s problems in the pitstop helped, but that they weren’t the only reason to Alonso’s victory.
– At that point we got to lead the race but our pace wasn’t at least worse than Red Bull’s was. The updates we brought to this race worked as we expected too also, Stella thought.
Turun Sanomat, Silverstone